Table of Contents
What Can I Do About That ?
Here is a list I found online of top tips and ideas to save money and be more frugal
- Get netflix or blockbuster instead of going to the movies. Watch them on your computer instead of buying a TV. Drop cable. If you do want cable ask for the reduced basic. It’s cheaper and more “basic” than basic.
- Turn off the lights whenever you leave a room. Get CFLs.
- Turn the thermostat down. Every degree you turn it down saves 5% on the heating bill
Beginners Guide to Couponing
Everyone is feeling the pinch at the moment, and with more and more reports of people saving hundreds a month, and shows like ‘Extreme Couponing’, it’s no wonder the UK is starting to go Coupon Crazy!
Couponing can be a bit intimidating if you don’t know what you’re doing, so we’ve put together a beginner’s guide, to help save you some money…
1) Keep up to date with new vouchers – the best place to do this is right here on Coupon Crazy Claire, you can subscribe to the blog by entering your email address at the end of this post, following us on Facebook, or on Twitter.
2) Grab every voucher you can – if you don’t have children you won’t need a voucher for nappies, but someone will! There are now more and more ‘Coupon Clubs’, where you can swap your unwanted vouchers for ones you actually want! If there isn’t a club near you, you can always start one with your friends.
If you think that coupon clipping is an outdated practice, guess again. If you have coupons, you can cut the cost of food, clothing and other things. You can always get a cheaper price, and using coupons helps you do that. Here’s some intelligent ways to use coupons.
Learn the policies of the stores where you shop. Is stacking coupons allowed? Do they double your savings? Are printed coupons from the Internet okay to use? If you are unaware of the answers to these questions, you might have trouble at the store with your coupons.
Use multiple coupons whenever possible. Multiple coupons make it possible to purchase more. Stock up on the products that you use most. If you have 6 coupons for pasta sauce that you use on a weekly basis, buy 6 jars at once and use all your coupons.
cluelesscurl.com – How long have you been eco-friendly? I have consciously been eco-friendly for about 5 years now. I feel like being raised frugally and in a down-home type of household automatically made me think a…