Table of Contents
- 1 How Does The Amazon Bonus Program Actually Work with Turbotax ?
- 2 How To Speed Up The Refund Process And Get A Turbotax Gift Card
- 3 What Amazon Bonus Card Amount Will Be Received?
- 4 Question: Are Canadian’s able to get the Amazon Gift Card Bonus?
- 5 Other Turbotax Resources We Offer
- 6 Mike Piper
MyDealsClub may receive compensation when you click on links and are approved for products from our advertising
Written by Mike Piper Updated on January 12, 2020
Updated March 2020 And Fact Checked for accuracy
UPDATE 2020: TurboTax may no longer be offering TurboTax the Amazon gift card for your refund:
TurboTax and Amazon are working together to offer a nice side promotion this year. If you elect to spend a portion of your federal tax refund on a gift card for Amazon.com, you’ll be given a 5 to 10 percent bonus from TurboTax. It’s essentially free money! To give you an example, a $1,000 gift card would net you an additional $100 from TurboTax’s end. It’s incredible.
How Does The Amazon Bonus Program Actually Work with Turbotax ?
• First of all, just file your federal taxes with your preferred version of TurboTax.
• Next, opt into the choice to spend a portion of your refund to purchase an before finalizing.
• Choose any amount you want. (There’s a requirement of $100 increments, however). TurboTax will add the extra 5 to 10 percent bonus from there.
• Once the tax refund is sent in from the IRS, you’ll receive an e-mail from TurboTax with your gift card code.
Best of all, you can start all of this off right with Amazon itself. When you order the TurboTax software of your choice from one of their official shipping centers, you’ll be given a free month-long trial of Amazon Prime. (If you’re out of the loop, Amazon Prime will give you free 2-day shipping on absolutely any order from Amazon warehouses.)
How To Speed Up The Refund Process And Get A Turbotax Gift Card
No one wants to have to wait around for their rewards! You can expedite the process of getting both your return and bonus gift card by e-filing your tax return, however. Acceptance from IRS’ end usually comes through quite quickly. You’ll still have to at least a few weeks at the least, but you’ll receive a notification about your gift card as soon as the rest of your return is ready. Whichever amount you have remaining will simply be deposited into your bank account.
According to Amazon, the delivery of the gift card may take up to 1 or 2 business days. Therefore, you should only expect it to come in on Monday through Friday. Once you see the e-mail come in, it’s as simple as selecting “Redeem Now” and you’ll be on your way. (Please be careful to read the exact address the e-mail is from, however; fake Amazon gift card e-mails are among the most common account phishing tactics.)
What Amazon Bonus Card Amount Will Be Received?
As you may have noticed, the promotion indicates that you’ll receive a bonus of anywhere from 5 to 10 percent from TurboTax. The exact amount you receive depends upon your version of the software. If you file with the Federal Free Edition or TurboTax Basic, you’ll only earn the 5 percent bonus. All other retail editions of the software will net the full 10 percent, however. This includes Student, Deluxe, Home & Business, Premier, and Military Edition. For another example of what you can expect, offering $500 a return you secured through TurboTax Deluxe will actually net you a $550 gift card.
Please note that you will not receive a physical gift card. The e-mail will give you a code that you can apply to the gift card balance within your Amazon account settings. You can then use it at checkout to buy absolutely anything that’s listed on the site.
If you’re a savvy consumer, you can increase your total savings by purchasing TurboTax at a discounted rate. The software of this nature is often available through promotional sales. You might also be able to find it included in a bundle with a myriad of other useful programs. Other Intuit products such as Quicken are habitually paired alongside it, but you can find plenty of other options if you’re patient. Just make sure to start keeping an eye out as soon as possible rather than waiting until the last minute when Tax Day draws near.
Question: Are Canadian’s able to get the Amazon Gift Card Bonus?
Yes Canadian rewards are available to check out all our Turbotax Canada Coupons page for more specific advice on how Canadians should use Turbotax
Other Turbotax Resources We Offer
- Turbotax Discounts For Chase, Fidelity, and More
- Turbotax Discount Bank of America
- AAA TurboTax Discount Coupon Codes: Get $20 Off Today!
- TurboTax Review – Tax Filing Benefits And Verdict
Latest posts by Mike Piper (see all)
- TurboTax Service Code Coupons, Discounts April 2020 - April 1, 2020
- TaxAct Promo Code – 20% Off In 2020 - March 30, 2020
- TurboTax Cryptocurrency: Does TurboTax Do Cryptocurrency? - March 30, 2020