Comments Off on Verizon Fios Review 2020 – Gigabit Internet Customer Reviews ,Are The Plans Worth It ?
Table of Contents
- 1 In Depth Review Of Gigabit Fiber-Optic Service For 2020 – Is It Worth It ?
- 2 Why Does FiOS Stand Apart From The Crowd?
- 3 Want To Get Verizon Fios ? Here is This Months Deals And New Customer Pricing
- 4 Do Verizon’s FiOS Customers Really Get Value For Their Money?
- 5 Verizon FiOS Bundles Reviewed – Lets Compare Fios Deals
- 6 Verizon Fios Internet Plans, Prices And Recommendations
- 7 Verizon Fios Availability
- 8 Fios Installation
- 9 Can I Use My Own Router With The Verizon Fios Service?
- 10 Verizon Fios Internet Symmetrical Data Speed
- 11 Who Is Verizon Fios Recommended For ?
- 12 The Complete List Of All Service Verizon Fios Offers
- 13 Equipment Fees And Contracts
- 14 Are There Any Hidden Charges Or Service Fees With Fios ?
- 15 Verizon Fios Pros And Cons
- 16 Is Fios A Reliable Internet Service?
- 17 Lets Review Customer Service For FiOS Customers
- 18 Verizon Fios Common Complaints
- 19 Want To Leave Your Review Of Verizon Fios ?
- 20 Verizon vs. Other Service Providers – Alternatives To Verizon Fios
- 21 The Verdict On Verizon FiOS
MyDealsClub may receive compensation when you click on links and are approved for products from our advertising
In Depth Review Of Gigabit Fiber-Optic Service For 2020 – Is It Worth It ?
Recent innovation in the realm of fiber optic communications, Verizon’s FiOS offers residential consumers the long-awaited opportunity to harness some of the fastest speeds for downloading and uploading on the internet as well as streaming TV and telephone services all bundled with one provider.In this Verizon review we aim to answer many of the common questions surrounding speeds , pricing , choice , plans , packages ,fees and a whole lot more.
Why Does FiOS Stand Apart From The Crowd?
One of the reasons why FiOS is so highly regarded is the fact that it offers end-to-end fiber networking. It is indisputable that fiber cabling is the cream of the crop in terms of transporting data digitally. It is much better than old-fashioned analog formats such as DSL and coaxial cable. The majority of the Internet is comprised of fiber networks, though the final stretch of typical Internet and residential homes has long been traversed by cables already in place for the purpose of providing phone and television services.
Faster Service From Verizon FiOS
Verizon FiOS is capable of providing speed to which customers may not be accustomed, something which certainly helps it top all competitors. Even the lowest FiOS service tier of 50 Mbps ranks close to the highest level offered by other ISPs. The top FiOS tier of 500 Mbps is among the quickest Internet speeds available anywhere. While there are a handful of competing providers able to offer speeds up to 1 Gbps, 500 Mbps remains lightning fast and they offer it for just $70 . Just about any of the packages offered by Verizon for FiOS customers will fit the bill for those needing a great deal of speed.
Want To Get Verizon Fios ? Here is This Months Deals And New Customer Pricing
Do Verizon’s FiOS Customers Really Get Value For Their Money?
The capability provided to customers by FiOs is what helps Verizon distinguish itself in a crowded marketplace. The company presently has six distinct plans on offer, with the first three of them yielding impressive Internet speed of no less than 25 Mbps for downloading. The least rapid plan begins where standard DSL ends. From that point onward, the plans only get faster, with a mid-level plan offering upwards of 75 Mbps for downloads and speeds for uploads approaching 35 Mbps.
MORE : Compare AT&T and Verizon Deals – Get 75% off With AT&T Promo Codes & Coupon Codes At MydealsClub
Faster “Quantum” plans offer download speed upwards of 150 Mbps, 300 Mbps and an incredible 500 Mbps. The only possible catch is that the service is only available to those who live where Verizon’s fiber networks already exist. Interested customers can visit Verizon’s website to learn if their address is included in an accessibility area.
Verizon FiOS Bundles Reviewed – Lets Compare Fios Deals
With Verizon fios It is possible to purchase television, phone and Internet services all bundled together. Verizon’s bundling choices are even more plentiful than what is shown above. We have chosen just a few of the available combinations for review. To learn more about what can be provided, discuss your situation with a Verizon representative, as pricing can be determined by your location or better still visit our Verizon Fios Deals page and get anywhere from 10 to 40% depending on the discounts being served up at any point in time but here is a rundown of whats on offer to you..
Other Related Reviews :
- Frontier Internet Reviews 2020
- Dish Internet Review 2020
- DIRECTV Review 2020
- AT&T Internet Reviews 2020
Verizon Fios Internet Plans, Prices And Recommendations
Internet Monthly Price:
Verizon states that its service runs 15/5 Mbps, meaning that downloads can happen at a speed upwards of 15 Mbps, and uploads at 5 Mbps. Residential customers likely will not be bothered by the relatively slow speed for uploads. When standing alone, this service will run $49.95 each month. Check out our internet only deals we list for some great pricing
Voice Service Monthly Price:
With FiOS, customers get digital telephone service that features unlimited nationwide and local calls. Verizon telephone service will include common calling features and calling to Canada for free, not unlike Comcast Xfinity service. Voice services utilize FiOS Internet, and they cannot be purchased as a stand alone option. Bundles that combine phone together with Internet cost $69.99 each month, which represents and increase of $20 a month more than stand-alone Internet.
Television Service Monthly Price:
What is Verizon Fios TV One?
There are over 195 channels available in a basic Verizon television package, not to mention a library of On Demand options that includes thousands of shows and 47 dedicated music channels. Standing alone, this plan is $64.95 each month, though plans that contain a larger number of channels will cost more. One new edition worth noting is that Verizon now offers prepay options for new customers who dont want to be tied to a contract.Verizon Fios TV One is the latest service provided to Verizon Fios consumers. The service has been available since the fall of 2005. TV programs are broadcasted across a fiber optic cable network thereby guaranteeing consumers superior picture and sound quality. Verizon fios also offers student deals and discounts worth looking at for those of that age.
- Does the Verizon Fios TV correspond to the business internet service?
The Verizon Fios TV is compatible with the business internet service. As a result, both the Fios TV and Business-Class Fios Service can run simultaneously.
- 5. What is the dissimilarity between Verizon Fios TV and cable?
All the channels made available on the Verizon Fios TV are digital. The channels are broadcasted to your home using a technology commonly referred to as Passive Optical Networking. The immediate result is zero loss of signal as is the case with cable or satellite. Video signals are passed by Verizon precisely the same way they are obtained from various content providers. There are no extra compression’s that are applied as is the case with cables and satellite.
The other major difference is that Fios TV does not blackout when it’s raining or snowing outside. Finally, videos-on-demand are transmitted using a technology known as IPTV or simply as TV over internet. As a result, you have access to more channels than before.
|DEALS||PRICE MONTHLY||INTERNET SPEED|
|Fios Non Gigabit Connection||$4999||50 MbpsFIBER|
|Fios Gigabit Connection||$7999||940MbpsFIBER|
|Fios Gigabit Triple Play||$7999||940MbpsFIBER|
|Fios Gigabit Connection with Custom TV||$7499||940MbpsFIBER|
Verizon Fios Availability
You can check Fios availability on their interactive fios availability map here. Its one of the only drawbacks to the fios service as its only currently available in 9 US states with the New York roll out well underway .I hope in time as they roll out the 5G service they can better serve the country, especially those in rural or low income areas .
Fios installation may take f4-6 hours, so make sure you keep this in mind when scheduling your install with the technician. Also, consider that an adult must be present throughout all this time.
Installation – One-time $99 fee. You can waive it, though, by ordering online.
Router rental – You can two options: lease the equipment for $10 a month, or buy it right off the bat for $149.
The installation process takes longer because of the advanced hardware requirements that go beyond the basic router configuration. Your technician will need to install a totally new system featuring an Optical Network Terminal. This service also requires new in-house cabling and a new configuration of all set-top boxes.
Can I Use My Own Router With The Verizon Fios Service?
The short answer is yes, you can. Beware, though, you’ll need to be willing to do the work of setting it up to work with this service. This is a great way to save the lease or purchasing fees.
Using Verizon-branded devices, though, is the best solution, particularly on the faster “gigabit” service plans. In fact, the Fios Gigabit Connection comes with a rental fee waiver, so you’ll get your router without paying anything extra. See our guide on what is the best router for verizon fios before you decide which one you want
Verizon Fios Internet Symmetrical Data Speed
You may have already noticed the second number in all Fios’s data speeds. This number represents the upload speed, and this is the detail that makes fiber much better than traditional systems such as cable, DSL, and satellite ISP. Fiber provides symmetrical upload data speeds, while all other systems only deliver upload speeds of 20% to 40% of their download speeds.
Who Is Verizon Fios Recommended For ?
The short answer to that questions is small home offices, cord cutters and Gamers who require vast amounts of data usage and speed .There are two key strengths of the Verizon Fios service ,unlimited data use and gigabit speeds. They are an ideal fit for those who use the Internet heavily such as remote workers, gamers, You-tubers and techies needs the finest quality of service that is available with speeds unrivaled anywhere .
The unlimited data policy of Verizon Fios means it is a very user friendly service for streaming video content from Hulu, Netflix and all the other providers that have appeared in the space over the last few years and unless you have speeds and no data cap expect to pay a pretty penny for it. The Fios fiber network is a lot better suited for upload-heavy intensive applications such as well when compared to the traditional cable companies like Comcast. However, where I live there is just one speed that is available. It is a 50 Mbps connection which is ok but we do experience buffering on movies when others are using YouTube or other internet based products .Ok so you can clearly see what if you are a higher end user then you will need Fios so what is it going to cost me you ask ? A two-year commitment is required in most cases and the first year costs $49.99 per month and the second year costs around the $59.99 per month.
The Complete List Of All Service Verizon Fios Offers
1. TV – The basic Verizon service includes more than 195 channels, 47 music channels and a comprehensive On Demand library of individual programs. This plan costs $64.95. More expensive plans include more channels.
2. Internet – According to Verizon, the service delivers 15/5 Mbps. This means that you’ll get download speeds of up to 15 Mbps and upload speed of 5 Mbps only. Residential users should be just fine with these speeds, as they won’t need an upload speed higher than 5 Mbps. This plan costs $49.95 per month.
3. Voice – Fios includes unlimited local and nationwide calls with its digital home telephone service. Most telephone features and calls to Canada are free of charge, so you’ll know from the very beginning how much you’re going to pay each month. The voice service uses a Fios internet connection, hence not being available as a separate service. A phone and internet bundle plan costs $69.99 per month, $20 more than the Internet-only option.
4. Bundles – The basic Fios bundle is the so-called Triple Play plan. It includes TV, internet and telephone. At the introductory price of $79.99 per month, this package is cheaper than Comcast’s Xfinity. This price is only valid for the first year of service. However, since you don’t need to sing a long-term contract, you can cancel it whenever you please. Premium channels and additional features come at an extra cost. Depending on your area of residence, special offers and promotions may vary. This is why you should always do your research before making your final decision.
Equipment Fees And Contracts
The home internet-only Verizon-Fios plan doesn’t require a contract. It is a month-to-month service you can cancel at any time. This means that there won’t be any early termination fees, even if you decided to only use the service for a couple of months. Contract Length for some plans is 2 years , make sure you read the fine print
Nevertheless, there are some fees involved. This isn’t unusual.
Some hidden fees were discovered, but they paled in comparison to those charged by others in the market, including Comcast. There is an early termination fee of which subscribers should be aware. Those who do not wish to continue with FiOS Internet are given 30 days in which to cancel without having to pay this fee. Once that period passes, there will be a charge of $165 for the cancellation of service. Activation fees only apply to those who select the Extreme 250 or the X1 Gigabit Pro options. The fee that applies to Extreme can go up to $500, while the fee for the X1 Gigabit Pro package is a definite $500.
When it comes to the fees for setup and installation services, Verizon indicates that there is a fee of $80 for FiOS Internet setup, but it is likely that this fee will be waived upon request. If the service is ordered online and a fee waiver was not automatically applied, it is wise to contact a representative by phone. Customers who need to get a router directly from Verizon will also have to pay a shipping fee that will be determined by the customer’s geographic location.
Over the course of two years, prices charged by Verizon for 50 Mbps service comes to approximately $54.99 per year, not that much more than Comcast’s standard and promotional rates for its 25 Mbps service, which averages $53.47. Once two years of service have been reached, Verizon’s rate is roughly $7 a month less expensive, provided both companies’ rates remain static.
The key is to have substantial confidence that you will not relocate away from a FiOS accessible zone during the initial two-year period, or an early termination fee with no contracts may have to be paid. Certain Verizon customers have had success talking their way out of paying that fee, but it is by no means guaranteed.
Verizon Fios Pros And Cons
- Fiber optics: is the future for communications and entertainment and if you love watching movies in high definition at Gigabit speed ranges then you should choose FiOS. You will feel the difference when you watch TV with more high definition channels to choose from. Verizon has a variety of HD TV plans to choose from plus channel line-up in HD compared to the competition. When it comes to internet you also have a lot to choose from since you can choose plans according to your computing needs.
- Bundle Variety: There is a wide variety of bundles to choose from that will suit your lifestyle, your residential or commercial needs as well as plans that will suit your budget. You may also create your own bundles to get more savings.
- Uninterrupted Connection: There is peace of mind when you trust fiber optic technology since no matter what the weather is or no matter how the distance is you will still get the best signal and uninterrupted connections from the source to your home.
- Coverage : Since FiOS is a fairly new technology, its not be available in all areas of the US and in fact is only in 9 US states as of today. They areNew Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington, D.C.
- Prices : Verizon is also pricier compared to other digital providers but as they say, there is no price for high quality.
- Network Expansion : Verizon has dropped the ball when it comes to roll out and ran into some major problems with the New York Roll out early this year
Is Fios A Reliable Internet Service?
The Verizon Fios Internet network is powered by a 100% fiber-optics and much faster with better reliability than cable or DSL connections .Value for your money is much higher with fiber-optics with download speeds of 1 gigabit per second for those Movie Marathons and binge TV sessions. Verizon reports a 99% up time efficiency also for peace of mind when it comes to the reliability.
Lets Review Customer Service For FiOS Customers
Verizon offers FiOS subscribers a range of tools that can be used to find necessary information and get services or service bundles ordered correctly. There is web-based support service as well as a customer chat room, but is also easy for subscribers to contact representatives via phone if questions or concerns arise. There is a wealth of troubleshooting help available online, and all pertinent contact information is easy to find on initial setup packaging.
Verizon Fios Common Complaints
The most common complaint submitted about the Verizon FiOS service is to do with the excessive time taken to roll out the service across different states . Building a national fiber service is incredibly expensive and therefore fiber to the buildings in any particular zone is going to take a long time to successfully roll out. And will be many years before it is nationwide across the United States.
Customer Service Complaints
We have also heard complaints about customer service representatives, also the Mount of time taken on phone calls. Overall Verizon Ranks well for Customer Service when compared to its rivals like AT&T however it still has work to do in this area we believe.
The Downside Of Fios
No Standalone Service With Verizon DSL
There were two main pricing trend differences that we noticed when we were developing this report. The first thing that we noticed was that there was a noticeable gap between what is charged for DSL by a telco vs what is charged for fiber to the home (FTTH) services.
For example, Verizon charges $74.99 on its 150/150 FiOS service without a contract, and its standard DSL package that has speeds of 1 to 15 Mbps costs $29.99. There is one thing that has angered Verizon’s new DSL customers, which is they cannot buy standalone DSL service – instead they have to buy a phone service bundled with it, even if it isn’t something they require it can not be separated out in order to get DSL from Verizon.
Varied And Slow Speeds
Even though the technology is superior to the competiion fiber is not always 100% reliable , we often see issues reported like the following:
“I have FiOS 75/75 and over the last week to 10 days have been experiencing a very noticeable dip in my download speeds in the evenings, roughly between 7 – 11pm. It is very curious since my upload speeds are fine, up to 90Mbps even while the download speeds dip down to 8Mbps.”
This has been an issue as long as the internet has been in existence and the bottleneck is no different to peak time on the freeways so thats something we hope Fios is able to overcome in time and be able to provide top speeds for upload and download at all times , even when the network is peaked out due to some event.
Want To Leave Your Review Of Verizon Fios ?
Sure email us your review and we can add it to this page for other users to read email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Verizon vs. Other Service Providers – Alternatives To Verizon Fios
As you can imagine, there are some alternatives to Verizon on the market. If you want to know how they compare to Verizon Fios, feel free to check out our in-depth guides and side by side comparison charts.
Read our , we set out to answer many of the tough questions about AT&T and its internet, phone and TV services and how you can apply this information to save money on their range of bundle deals from DSL to fiber. AT&T Internet is one of the leading telecommunications providers in the United States and has been for a long time. The company started as a telephone provider and continues to provide DSL internet through phone lines in most areas of the country. They also have moved with the times, and now other services such as fiber broadband, Digital Voice, fixed wireless, satellite TV and can do excellent bundle deal pricing for each
According to the FCC 6 percent of the US population still lacks access to fixed broadband service at threshold speeds and this is where Frontier comes in. Frontier is known for having several positive things going. It doesn’t have a data cap, and they even offer a guaranteed two-year price lock. With that said, there is plenty to expect from its impressive fiber plans. However, if you live in the boonies, you’ll only be able to access some broadband features.
DIRECTV’s satellite television service has just about every channel that you could possibly want. In fact, it even features the highly sought after NFL SUNDAY TICKET and various premium channels including SHOWTIME and HBO. While the service comes with a 2-year contract that features a second-year price increase, you are guaranteeing yourself excellent channel variety that sure to satisfy your entire family from movie buffs to sports enthusiasts.
The Verdict On Verizon FiOS
There is no doubt that Verizon FiOS is technologically very advanced. It is tough to beat fiber optic networking in terms of speed and capacity, and it is the wave of the future. Picture quality from FiOS is superior to anything Comcast provides, and Verizon charges less and brings more channel variety. Even better, it is generally possible to negotiate the monthly price downward in subsequent subscription years. It must be borne in mind, however, that because FiOS is rather new to the scene, there may be increased incidence of outages necessitating troubleshooting work on the customer’s part. We give Verizon Fios and overall score of 8 out of 10.
|Overall Score out of 10||8.0|
Final Word On Verizon’s Fios
To compare Verizon Fios to the top competition see our other reviews of
- Verizon Fios vs. Cablevision Optimum
- Verizon Fios vs Charter Spectrum
- DirecTV vs Verizon Fios
- Comcast Xfinity vs. Verizon Fios
Additional References To Obtain Information On Verizon’s Fios
If you have feedback or questions you can contact our experts directly .
- Directv Packages For Existing and New Customers In 2020 -Top Current Customer Promotions - May 15, 2020
- Verizon Fios Review 2020 – Gigabit Internet Customer Reviews ,Are The Plans Worth It ? - May 3, 2020
- AT&T Deals For Existing and New Customers 2020-Current Customer Specials Promotions, Offers - May 2, 2020